[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]

RNS:: TopGuardEx forum thread

Preventing hardware buttons from turning on the deviceRNS:: logo
AHK wrote: May 28th, 2008
Preventing hardware buttons from turning on the device doesn't work for the menu button at my device. I use the menu button to launch Hi-Launcher.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: May 28th, 2008
Hmm... but the menu button never powered on the device?
What Palm model do you use?

AHK wrote: May 30th, 2008
I usa a Treo 680. With "menu button" I mean the button called "hard button 4" in Hi-Launcher, so pressing this button without having TopGuardEx activated definitely turns on the device.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: June 2nd, 2008
I see. This is the Home button. Menu button is the rightmost one in the bottom row.

Most probably you're using a third-party software that changes the behavior of this button. It may be a third-party launcher, or Butler, that use this button in a non-standard way. Please try deactivating/uninstalling these programs to see if the Enganced Keyguard option then works.

AHK wrote: June 2nd, 2008
I did a warm reset and activated just Hi-Launcher and TopGuardEx. Same problem. But without having Hi-Launcher activated it works and TopGuardEx prevents also the home button from turning on the device.

I'm using Hi-Launcher 3.3

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: June 4th, 2008
Please try with Hi-Launcher 3.4.

What triggers (Menu trigger and Recent app trigger) did you set in Hi-Launcher?

AHK wrote: June 4th, 2008
Unfortunately, I have no access to the full version of Hi-Launcher 3.4. I bought Hi-Launcher 3.3 at pdassi.de on May the 22nd, 2006 (I still have an invoice of that) and reveived an update information some months ago. But I cannot download the update here at your site using my email address as I am obviously not in your database. I tried to contact you concerning this issue but you have not answered.

Be that as it may, I downloaded the demo version of Hi-Launcher 3.4 and tried its behaviour together with TopGuardEx. The problem remains. I didn't set any recent app trigger. Hard button 4 is the menu trigger.

AHK wrote: June 8th, 2008
Any solution in sight?

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: June 10th, 2008
I got that e-mail and I replied on 22 January 2008. Now I sent it again, so please check your mailbox.

As far as the co-operation between Hi-Launcher and TopGuardEx is concerned, then you are right - TopGuardEx does not protect the button that is used by Hi-Launcher. This incompatibility can be fixed only by updating TopGuardEx, which I will do after I deal with my current duties.

So thanks for pointing this issue, AHK!

AHK wrote: June 11th, 2008
Well, thank you for your answers. You are right, I had got this email from you. But the problem is that - although I bought it using the email address you now sent again an email to - I'm not in your database. Entering my email address at you update website leads just to an update of another application I bought, but not to the update of Hi-Launcher. I propose that I send you the purchasing receipt by email and you add my email adress to those which can download Hi-Launcher.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: June 12th, 2008
Please do. You may send it using our Contact Form.
Forum navigationRNS:: logo
All threadsClick here to go back to the list of threads.
Add new message to this threadRNS:: logo
Posting to this forum has been permanently disabled.
[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]   [updates]   [forums]
Palm, Treo, and Centro are trademarks or registered trademarks of Palm, Inc.
Copyright © 2024 RNS::