[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]

RNS:: HBX forum thread

Retaining Opt+buttonRNS:: logo
Joe Sewell wrote: March 10th, 2008
I just finished the trial for HBX on my Treo 680. I like the idea, but I saw two disappointing things.

First, it seems holding down the Home button does pop up the menu, but keeping it held down no longer auto-selects the most recent app.

Second, and more importantly, Option+Phone no longer brings up the web browser. Yes, I could make that one of the precious 4, but I'd prefer that continue to bring up the system-selected app.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: March 17th, 2008
These issues do not exist on my Treo 680. Are you trying with version 4.0 of HBX?

Joe Sewell wrote: March 27th, 2008
Yes, version 4.0t (the trial version, which could make a difference).

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: March 31st, 2008
OK, now I see the Home button issue. Unfortunately this behavior cannot be changed in the trial version. In the full version, however, turning on the "Auto-repeat" option for the Home button restores the Treo's "press-and-hold to go back to recent" functionality.

As far as Option+Phone is concerned: the only place where Option+Phone does not work from me is in the HBX popup window. If this window is not displayed, Option+Phone works correctly. Does it behave differently for you?

Joe Sewell wrote: March 31st, 2008
Thanks for the note on holding down the Home button. I figured it was something like that. Unfortunately it makes for a misleading demo.

As for Option+Phone, the window is displayed even if I hit Option first. This is with more than one application assigned to the Phone key, and all other settings set to their default values.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: March 31st, 2008
Oh, now I see. I was pressing Option and Phone simultaneously, which works fine.

Now I see that without HBX pressing Option and then Phone launches the secondary application, and with HBX it does not.

I'll fix this in the next release. Thanks for reporting the issue!

Dash wrote: February 12th, 2009
I note that in the 4.1 demo this behavior still exists. Any timeline to restore the functionality of pressing the option button before pressing one of the four hardware buttons? I actually use TealLaunch to launch another program when holding them at the same time (so using HBX would actually give me six programs per button).

This is key to a decision to purchase.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: February 18th, 2009
Yes, guys... I know it's been almost a year now. But we're still talking about the 4.1 version released on March 31st, 2008. I've got the fix in my todo list - the problem is there are to few items on the list to release the new version and to dig up its code :-) I mean as compared to my other applications...

For the time being you could restrain to pressing Option+hard button simultaneously.
Forum navigationRNS:: logo
All threadsClick here to go back to the list of threads.
Add new message to this threadRNS:: logo
Posting to this forum has been permanently disabled.
[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]   [updates]   [forums]
Palm, Treo, and Centro are trademarks or registered trademarks of Palm, Inc.
Copyright © 2024 RNS::