[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]

RNS:: HBX forum thread

4th Button on Treo - Loses Recent App functionality?RNS:: logo
Jordan wrote: February 11th, 2008
I noticed that the only way to retain the "recent" app function of the Centro/Treo phones is if you do not assign any features to the 4th button (The home button).

Is this something can get be addressed in a future version?

Ideally pressing the Home button once would pop up the HBX launcher menu and a long press would open up the default Treo/Centro's recent app list.

As it stands now, you have to set the auto-repeat option, but it only works if no applications are defined.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: February 12th, 2008
Hmm, on which Treo are you checking this? I checked on my Treo 680 and with any setting, if you hold long enough (about 1 second), the Treo's menu pops up.

Jordan wrote: February 12th, 2008
Palm Centro.

Jordan wrote: February 12th, 2008
Hmm this is odd.. I just reset my Palm and now the Recent app Menu is working properly after all. I didn't change a single setting either... very strange. But at least it's working.

Two suggestions:
1) And i can't remember if I mentioned this before or not with this launcher. But I'd love the ability to tell HBX to not show the popup at all and go directly to the application if only one application was assigned... that way I could assign a single app to the home button for example and press it once to go right to it, bypassing the popup thing.

2) The second is that I'm using HiLauncher, with a LongPress to pull up the menu. Is there any reason why HBX always pops up, both on a long press and a short one? The HBX window sometimes disappears and sometimes stays 'behind' the Hilauncher menu when it comes up. Ideally pressing the hard button once would launch the HBX Popup (if more than one app is assigned), and long pressing would bypass the HBX in favor of whatever the phone has setup for the long press , in my case HiLauncher. It's a minor thing, and doesn't affect the functionality... but every once in a while I end up meaning to use HiLauncher by long pressing and just out of habit when the hbx box comes up, I see it and hit my main application button. I'd rather not see the HBX on the long press at all.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: February 18th, 2008
Jordan,

re 1) Don't assign anyghing to this button in HBX, and use the default system setting for that button (set it in Prefs).

re 2) Try with different settings of the "Delay" slider in Hi-Launcher under "Display Options"=>"Triggering"=>"Pop up (Menu show)".

Jordan wrote: February 18th, 2008
re 1) Don't assign anyghing to this button in HBX, and use the default system setting for that button (set it in Prefs).

This would be perfect.. if Palm preferences would let me remap the HOME button :) Sadly they do not... which is the reason I started looking at HBX :) I can live with the popup for now.. but would love to see a way to remove it if only one app is assigned.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: February 21st, 2008
Ah yes, the new Palm's invention to prevent users from customizing the 4th button... :-/
I'll think how I can patch it with HBX...

Wayne wrote: March 28th, 2008
i would also like to see this as i just bought HBX for the soul purpose of launching "Winlauncher" with a home key press. Right now i have to press twice and it launces. This is great but it would be nice to just be able to use HBX as a button mapper also.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: March 31st, 2008
Today we have released version 4.1 of HBX. By using the "Direct action" option for the home button, you may assign a single action for that button. I think that's exactly what you expected.

Wayne wrote: March 31st, 2008
what a great program...i can launch anything i want from any button...perfect
Forum navigationRNS:: logo
All threadsClick here to go back to the list of threads.
Add new message to this threadRNS:: logo
Posting to this forum has been permanently disabled.
[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]   [updates]   [forums]
Palm, Treo, and Centro are trademarks or registered trademarks of Palm, Inc.
Copyright © 2024 RNS::